If you had told me two months ago that I would start a blog, and be nominated for an award a few weeks later, I most certainly would have laughed in your face. The thought that people actually read the things I put on here shocked me a little!
So thank you, Rachel, for nominating me for the award, I feel even more passion towards writing than I ever have done! It’s pushed me to write more blog posts and I love it even more than I did when I first started! So everyone, take a look at Rachel’s blog, it’s great! http://misswho.me/
Rightyho, down to business. I pray that I have done this all right!
- Post eleven facts about yourself
- Answer the questions posed by your nominator
- Pass the award on to eleven new recipients – preferably under 200 followers
- Post eleven new questions to your bloggers
You can post a copy of the badge onto your blog, just put ‘Liebster Award’ into google and there are lots to chose from! Also remember to put the links of your nominees on your post, so everyone can see why you think they are so great!!
Eleven Facts About Me:
1. I was nicknamed ‘The Gurner’ at school because I possessed a skill to pull hideous faces, there were other names, including ‘Elastic Face’ But The Gurner was present in most of my yearbook signatures so it seems to have stuck!
2. I am stupidly clumsy, I could fall over on a flat surface.
3. I am the unofficial winner of the worst gap year ever.
4. In September I will finally study English and Writing, in Anglia Ruskin, Cambridge. Hopefully this will be my view:
5. When I am older and (hopefully) have money I want to live in a pretty cottage in the countryside.
6. I’m a generally quiet person, but I would never let a person walk over me. (Like the time my history teacher read my entire essay out to the class and told them, ‘This is how not to do it.’ As he didn’t offer any suggestion as to why he did it other than to embarrass me it turned into a rare moment that Lily confronts a teacher.) I look back and cringe.
7. If I could have any job in the world (apart from author) I think it would be a stunt double! They get to do all the cool parts in films! (although I am a complete chicken so it probably wouldn’t be a particularly prosperous career.)
8. I am in love with Eddie Redmayne. I honestly think he is beautiful, but my dad calls him liver lips so I don’t think it would work between us. (That’s my excuse anyway.)
9. I love watching films, I am a bit of a man when it comes to movies, I would chose Die Hard and films with guns and fighting over a chick flick.
10. If I could meet three authors I would meet, Rosamund Lupton, J K Rowling and Robert Muchamore. (My childhood books are still some of my favorites!)
11. Books, always have been and always will be a massive part of my life.
Questions and answers:
- Favourite guilty pleasure? Probably scrolling through pictures of my favorite actors on IMDb, honestly you can spend hours on there! I clearly watch too many films
- Explain your blog title. This one is simple, I couldn’t think of what to call it. I struggle so much with the names of my characters and my books, so I struggled with my blog. Then I realised it was a simple case of writers block, so I fiddled with it and changed it to Writers Blog.
- You’re on the TV show Misfits, and have been granted/cursed with a superpower that reflects your personality (for example, an irritable person may have Hulk-like rage attacks when provoked). What is your superpower and why?
My superpower would be super speed! Because when I try to go to sleep or sit down on the sofa I cannot keep still. I’m always jiggling about, so super speed would probably be quite fitting. Although I would also love to be invisible, and being an inquisitive person that would work quite well too, I will cheat and pick two!
- What is your favourite line from a book, movie, TV show, play, speech, poem or song? My favourite quote is from Harry Potter. It never really made much of an impact upon me until this last year when I had some pretty tough times. This quote always popped into my head if I was having a bad day.
- What are you currently working on? My second novel for young adults, called The Rebellion.
- Most thumbed book in your collection? Inkheart by Cornerlia Funke, from when I was younger, or Sister by Rosamund Lupton.
7. What are you doing/what did you do this Valentine’s Day? (I’m eating chocolate with “Someone Like You” on repeat.) Valentine’s day? well, I went to the dentist, the closest I got to a kiss was the woman’s rubbery gloves! Although I did get a card from a dog I sponsor…that counts, right…right?
8. Do you listen to music while you write? If so, what music? I have never thought about music! Perhaps the radio once in a while, normally I sit in a quiet spot at home. Although if I did it would be Ed Sheeran, Adele or Emeli Sande.
9. What are your pet peeves? First would be overconfident people, confidence is great, its when the person is cocky and full of themselves that it starts wind me up. Also repeated phrases in a book. I once read a book and the author used the phrase ‘Bat crap crazy’ three times in one chapter, it was an adult crime novel and not only did it not really fit, three times? A little too much.
10. If you could offer one piece of advice to a beginner in your field, what would that be? Never, ever delete your work. I deleted something a few years ago and now I really wish I had kept it. Even if you think it’s awful and know no one will ever ever read it, keep it. It’s always good to see your ideas and see how you have improved. You can also recycle ideas from other stories that you know are no good.
11. What are you most proud of? Probably going through operations and treatment alone, not being able to have my mum and dad with me. I think it’s made me able to do a lot more now because I always think, nothing will be as bad or as scary as that moment last year.
I have really enjoyed reading my nominees blogs, they all deserve this nomination, go and have a look!
1. What are you currently reading?
2. If you could meet any three people (alive, dead or fictional) who would it be?
3. Your favourite book?
4. What is your most embarrassing moment?
5. Can you make any anagrams with your name?
6. What would you rather read, Harry Potter or Twilight?
7. One skill you wish you had?
8. Your favourite song at the moment?
9. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
10. Your best childhood memory?
11. If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
Thank you again to Rachel for nominating me! I still can’t believe that anyone would enjoy my blog that much, everyone should take a look at her blog, it really is brilliant!
To my nominees! Have fun answering my questions, I cant wait to see your answers!